Spur Corporation: Statement on CVID-19 (Coronavirus)
March 16, 2020
Spur Corporation thanks you for the trust we know you place in us every time you choose to dine at our restaurants. These are unprecedented times for our industry, our country and the world.
We would like to reassure our patrons that, their safety, health and wellbeing of all is our priority, and we are taking every precaution across all our restaurants to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.
The following measures are in place:
- We have implemented the promotion of WHO and SA health authorities best practice guidelines to all staff and our franchisees.
- Our restaurant management and staff are regularly updated with all information. Over and above the normal briefings we have implemented extra inspections that will focus on mitigating this threat.
- Cutlery is continually washed in high heat temperature with a specific cutlery sanitizer.
- As of 12 March 2020, we have cancelled international and local trips for all staff. This is an additional and immediate remedy to ensure we minimise the level of risk.
- Our staff are taking precautionary measures when interacting with patrons and when preparing food. We also have sanitation stations in all our restaurants and it is mandatory for all to wash their hands every hour.
- We have also engaged with third party delivery suppliers, namely Uber Eats and Mr Delivery and they have assured us of all food safety measures they have implemented.
- We encourage our customers to take advantage of our sanitary stations.
- Staff are being screened for any signs of illness and temperatures.
- All of our menus, tables, furniture and cutlery are sanitised after every sitting.
- Our credit card machines are sanitised, and we encourage digital payments such as Snapscan.
- There is no evidence that people are affected by the virus through food.
We are aware that the virus is spreading rapidly globally but we are confident that South Africa has the capabilities to contain the pandemic.
Please visit the Department of Health website: http://www.health.gov.za/ for
information and updates, and call the hotline: 0800 029 999, should you need to speak to someone.
Should you need to contact us with any incident at any of our restaurants or if you have any questions, please contact the manager on duty or contact our customer care on 0860 007 787 / email Customeremail@example.com .
For more information contact:
Corporate Communications Manager
Tel: 021 555 5100