Spur Corporation ready to welcome customers in safe restaurants.
June 30, 2020
Spur Corporation restaurants are ready to welcome customers from Monday, 29 June 2020, following the detailed regulations announced on Friday by the Minister of Tourism, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, relating to the operation of sit-down restaurants during advanced level 3 lockdown. It is important to note that each one of our restaurants is independently owned and operated, therefore, the commencement of trade under the advanced level 3 lockdown may differ from restaurant to restaurant.
Since we have reopened our restaurants for deliveries under level 4 regulations, we have implemented enhanced measures per with the Department of Health’s sanitary protocol and the World Health Organisation’s best practice to minimise the risk of infection. As a group, we have analysed international best practises and their approach with regards to emerging from various hibernation restrictions.
Our franchised restaurant employees have received additional training to understand all the risks of the coronavirus and to make sure we observe the highest possible hygiene standards in our kitchens and serving areas. Regular hand hygiene with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser is mandatory for all our staff, and we have provided our workers with all the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE). We have also rearranged the workspaces in our kitchens to ensure safe physical distancing. Stringent hygiene and sanitising protocols will remain in place across our food production chain. Written and video guidance has been disseminated to all our franchisees to ensure all employees are aware of and observe strictest hygiene protocols.
Furthermore, the following measures are in place:
● Our franchised restaurant employees are taking precautionary measures when interacting with patrons and when preparing food. We also have sanitation stations in all our restaurants and all must wash their hands every thirty minutes.
● We encourage our customers to take advantage of our sanitary stations.
● All of our menus, tables and furniture are sanitised after every sitting. All menus will be available online so the customer can view them on their own devices if they so choose.
● Cutlery is continually washed at a high heat with a specific cutlery sanitiser.
● All restaurant employees have been issued with the required PPE.
● Daily temperature and symptom checks are in place for all restaurant employees.
● Restaurants have been reconfigured to facilitate social distancing of at least 1.5 meters between each table. We have also implemented measures to safely accommodate third party delivery drivers.
● Workstations are disinfected, and a sanitiser, soap and clean water are available for all employees to wash their hands regularly.
● Customers must wear masks and will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire upon entry. Patrons also must wear masks at all times except when they are eating and drinking.
● Our credit card machines are sanitised and, where available, we encourage digital payments such as Snapscan, Zapper or MasterPass.
We would like to reassure our customers that their safety, health and wellbeing are our top priority, and we continue to take every precaution across all our franchised restaurants to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.
The Spur Group’s brands include Spur Steak Ranches, Spur Grill & Go, Panarottis Pizza Pasta, John Dory’s Fish Grill Sushi, RocoMamas, RocoGo, The Hussar Grill, Casa Bella and Nikos Coalgrill Greek.