Spur Corporation Newsletter
Welcome to our first Spur Corporation Newsletter for 2020. We will do our best to keep you informed about:
• company information,
• new developments,
• share with you what the brands are busy with
• HR matters
It is important that what we share is beneficial to you. Please take the time to tell us when we are going off a tangent and don’t be scared to let us know when we do it right ?? . You can let us know via email@example.com
We are Passionate People growing great brands, we Care, and are respectful to each of our colleagues. There are many ways we can showcase our value of being a Family. As such we are excited that Spur Corporation will be launching its Employee Assistance Programme – read more for details:
Assistance Programme on the following dates in your region:
Century City Office : 17 February 2020 from 09:00 – 13:00pm
Woodmead Office : 28 February 2020 from 09: 00 – 11:00am
Durban Office : 02 March 2020 from 09:00 – 11:00am
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an additional benefit that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
Some of the benefits include the below:
- Ongoing understanding of their health and well being profile across physical, emotional and financial elements based on dynamic data sources such as wellness screenings, coach check-ins, in-app, online and telephonic assessments.
- Proactive, relevant interventions from prevention and education to ongoing or episode management to assist in managing areas identified as at-risk across any of the four dimensions of well being.
- Support and advice from a Healthy Company coach in a private and confidential setting, either telepathically or via the live chat functionality on the Discovery app or Discovery website.
- Access to legal and financial experts, trauma counselors, registered psychologists and social workers to assist with episodic or ongoing management for areas identified as at-risk.
- Referral services into existing healthcare programmes for members of schemes administered by Discovery Health and into other wellness programmes where needed.
- Online lifestyle management services including a library of comprehensive educational material, assessments and tools to capture their mood and detect signs of emotional distress.
For more details contact Nosipho Manyela in the Human Resources Department.
Launched on the 30th of January 2020, the SA Plastics Pact was developed by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-SA), in partnership with the South African Plastics Recycling Organisation (SAPRO), and the UK’s WRAP. Spur Corporation is a Founder Member of this critical initiative and through Joe Stead, our head of Sustainability, formed part of the Steering Committee. For more information on this please read here: https://www.green-cape.co.za/content/south-african-plastics-pact/
At Spur Corporation we manufactures many of our unique sauces including certain of the Group’s unique sauces for external parties under license at the sauce manufacturing, Central Kitchens. The Group has a committed team that ensures consistent quality and a supply of core ingredients and product lines.
After careful consideration and investment we completed the revamp of our Central Kitchens at the end of 2019. Well done to Coleen Eva and Duncan Werner for ensuring that our facilities are state of the art and importantly, meet the required statutory industry standards
In the Hot seat with Leonard Coetzee
Leonard started his career as a waiter in 1989 before becoming a restaurant manager. He has been Chief operating office of John Dory’s in February 2012. We asked him a few questions, view video here
Bad Boys for Life
Nicole Lewis and Jihaan Spannenberg were part of group of colleagues who won tickets to the pre –screening of Bad Boys for Life, courtesy of Rocomamas.
We asked them to review the movie, and below are their comments:
Nicole: “I always felt that the second installment of the franchise was my favourite but after watching Bad Boys for Life, I could be wrong. This installment of the Bad Boys franchisee has definitely left me on the fence about which of them is better. Overall Bad Boys for Life is a great movie, definitely a movie I would not mind watching over and over again”.
Jihaan: “This trilogy stayed true to its franchise and once again wowed the pants off everyone in the cinema. The use of humour that covered and spoke to real issues experienced in life today combining the old with the new. The story line well thought through and brought across. Truly 10 out of 10.”